Re: Need Wine on Mac Help

  • Thomas J Strike Jr
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15 11:09 AM
      If you have an old Windows install CD, may I suggest abandoning Wine and
      run the real Windows environment on top of your Mac OS-X using
      VirtualBox. This is the way that I run Windows programs. I personally
      have had no luck with installing any Microsoft applications through Wine
      that haven't been tested and set up by Wine's project management. I'm
      not saying that it can't be done, but when you are in need of a Windows
      application for another project or issue, who wants to put aside their
      train-of-thought to start another project like getting a Windows program
      to run under Wine. Once you have your Windows guest OS running
      inVirtualBox on top of your host OS, you have the real thing running and
      available to install all the applications you want without the hassle of
      trying to get each application to work in an emulated kernel environment.

      Good luck on your project,
      Tom Strike
      wb6ddd