JT65-HF/JT-Alert on Linux

  • Dave Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      All,

      For fans of the JT65 modes, here may be something you'll like.

      I've compiled a set of directions on getting JT-Alert v1.5.9 and JT65-HF v1.0.9.3 running together successfully on Linux (Mint 13, in my case) using CrossOver. This includes setting up the logging, using Worked B4 checking, as well as WAS indications and LoTW/eQSL flagging via DXLab databases.

      Why v1.5.9 and not v2.x?  Because, to date I cannot get v2 to even install correctly.  It is a non-starter so far.

      These instructions can also be used for WINE. Although the setup should be similar, there may be differences in execution between WINE and CrossOver that I can't predict.

      Information can be downloaded at my website: www.k3dcw.net/web_documents/Crossover.pdf

      NOTE:  This mailing list is not for support of this software.  Furthermore, the JT-Alert developer does NOT provide support for this version or this configuration. Please don't clog up this mailing list with questions related to this configuration. If you have questions, feel free to contact me directly and I'll try to help however I can.

      Dave Wright
      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net

      "Real radio bounces off the sky"