flamp

  • mike.k0ter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13 3:22 PM
      I've just started working with flamp. It looks very interesting.

      But it's not completely working for me.

      Here's the sequence:

      I send a message using flamp.

      I interrupt the transmitter so the receiving side
      misses some blocks.

      Then I do the 'report' on the receive side and transmit
      that information to the sender.

      On the sender side, I 'fetch' and then tell flamp
      to transmit, again interrupting the transmitter
      so the receive side does not copy all of the
      repeated blocks.

      On the receive side I again select 'report' and the
      transmit the information to the sender.

      At this point, fetch does not work UNLESS I first
      clear fldigi's receive screen. I do not see
      a reference to the need to do that in the help
      files. Well, at least it worked for me once
      but I can't get it to do a second 'fetch' even
      after clearing the receive screen.

      Ideas?

      In the hopes the person who wrote the help files sees
      this message, Good Job!!

      One point for the help file is in the description
      for the folder location, the location for Windows
      is correct for XP but not for Windows 7 (and 8??).
      In Windows 7 it is C:\users\username\.flamp

      I am very interested in this application. Now if
      I can only get the others in CO ARES interested
      as well. :-)

      Thanks very much and 73,

      Mike, K0TER