Contest Features

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
      I'm going to try to put together some added features for fldigi
      contesting. Something along the lines of a bandmap with multiplier
      coloring, dxcluster with multiplier coloring. Maybe a greyline map. A
      lot of this will depend on screen real estate.

      Anyone have anything they mught like to see ?

      These will all be stand alone and will *NOT* be any part of fldigi.

      Ed W3NR
    • Dave Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
        I think this is a great idea.  Building off of Fldigi is probably a good place to start.

        The basic components for contest logging are already available in Fldigi, such as dupe checking, but there are a few things that would be good for a non-digital mode contest….the ability to hide the waterfall and send/receive screens, for example.

        I think that have an user-definable contest scoring mechanism so that users could define their own contest scoring (and then share it with others) would be useful.  I personally find the cluster/bandmap idea less useful, but I'm usually an "unassisted" contester who really just plays around at contesting.  A grey line map is useful, but even more useful would be Grey Line prediction with prefix indicators, a la RUMlog on OS X. (displays info like "FO/A greyline from your location is at 1246 UTC)

        Cross-platform would be nice, but Linux support should be a priority a LInux needs a good up-to-date contesting software package. My favorite contest software is unfortunately OS X only (SkookumLogger).

        My programming skill are non-existent, but I'm more than happy to provide beta-testing and "idea bouncing" as needed.

        Dave Wright
        K3DCW
        www.k3dcw.net

        "Real radio bounces off the sky"

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
          On 02/13/2013 10:09 AM, Dave Wright wrote:
          > I think this is a great idea. Building off of Fldigi is probably a
          > good place to start.
          >
          > The basic components for contest logging are already available in
          > Fldigi, such as dupe checking, but there are a few things that would
          > be good for a non-digital mode contest….the ability to hide the
          > waterfall and send/receive screens, for example.
          >
          > I think that have an user-definable contest scoring mechanism so that
          > users could define their own contest scoring (and then share it with
          > others) would be useful. I personally find the cluster/bandmap idea
          > less useful, but I'm usually an "unassisted" contester who really
          > just plays around at contesting. A grey line map is useful, but even
          > more useful would be Grey Line prediction with prefix indicators, a
          > la RUMlog on OS X. (displays info like "FO/A greyline from your
          > location is at 1246 UTC)
          >
          > Cross-platform would be nice, but Linux support should be a priority
          > a LInux needs a good up-to-date contesting software package. My
          > favorite contest software is unfortunately OS X only
          > (SkookumLogger).
          >
          > My programming skill are non-existent, but I'm more than happy to
          > provide beta-testing and "idea bouncing" as needed.
          >

          > 73
          >
          > -- Dave Wright K3DCW www.k3dcw.net

          But keep in mind all of my ideas will not be a part of fldigi. Take a
          look at tlf for non-digital contests.

          Ed W3NR
        • Dave Wright
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
            Yep…not part of Fldigi, but I would presume that there is stuff there that can be used to help in creating something new.

            I'll check out TLF.