Re: [linuxham] Flrig in Virtualbox, as guest on Win7(32bit) and serial ports.

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013
      On 25 Jan 2013 at 17:07, linuxham@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Flrig in Virtualbox, as guest on Win7(32bit) and serial ports.
      > Posted by: "Dave B" dave@... g8kbv
      > Date: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 pm ((PST))

      <Snip>

      > But. Though I've also managed to (so it seems) get /dev/ttyS0 (in
      > Lubuntu) diverted to the COM7 port in Windows, or COM7 in Windows
      > alegedly piped through to /dev/ttyS0 in Lubunbu.
      >
      > When I try and configure Flrig, it fails and records:-
      > E: startXcvrSerial: Cannot access /dev/ttySO
      > in the event log.
      >
      > So... Where from here?
      >
      > The Physical COM port on Windows, is a USB<>RS232 device, that works
      > well with Flrig, running natively in Windows.

      <\Snip>

      Hangs head in shame... :(

      Forgot to add myself to the dialout group!....

      Edited the Wiki page, so that there are now two reminders to do that, not
      just at the very end of the page.... That I (and I suspect others)
      missed.

      It works now, sort of. Doesn't like high speed full duplex, or the
      hardware handshake fails, I've not fully investigated, but it works well
      enough for me to correct a few wrinkles in the TS-870S driver code.

      I'll slow the bit rate down later, or fiddle with Flrig's timing/pacing
      controls, and try again.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.