Re: [linuxham] Any progress on DominoEX?

  • Hamish Moffatt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2006
      On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 05:10:32PM -0400, Joe Veldhuis wrote:
      > I'm just wondering if Hamish (or anyone else) has made any progress with
      > the DominoEX modem. Haven't heard anything about it in 2 weeks...

      DominoEX 16 mode transmits and receives across audio cables to my Windows
      PC. Haven't tried it on air but it should be fine.

      DominoEX 8 mode transmits, but the receiver is less efficient than it
      should be.

      The 11/22 modes depend on a different base sampling rate which doesn't
      really suit the gMFSK architecture. I haven't tackled this problem yet.

      There are also 4 and 5 modes. 4 should be easy (same sampling rate as
      8/16), 5 hard (11/22).

      If I can fix up 8, I might release something for testing.

      Hamish
      --
      Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...> <hamish@...>