Re: [linuxham] RE: WSPR

  • Henri Honda
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
      On 12/31/2012 10:58 PM, gm0csz wrote:

      Hi Frank:

      Thank you for the suggestion, but for some reason, I cannot install Mint 13
      on my computer.  Could be some hardware problem??

      Thanks again.

      Cheers and73,

      Hank/7J9AAD

      Hank,
      Instead of persuing the install on Mint 11 ,suggest you use Mint 13 (12.04) with LTS=Long Term Support, up to April 2017.       By now Mint 11 really is old hat.

      Frank  GM0CSZ / KN6WH

      On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Henri Honda <k6don@...> wrote:

      HI, Happy New Year to all!!

      This is slightly off the subject, but has anyone had any success in
      installing
      WSPR onto Mint 11??

      I sure can't seem to do it.

      Thank you and have a great New Year's Eve and Day!!

      Cheers and 73,

      Hank/7J9AAD

    • John Williams
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
        Hank,

        I found it fairly straightforward to compile the WSPR code from SVN on my older ubuntu 11.04 version. Not many dependencies. Google for instructions. More features in the SVN version. That may be a better way to go than depending on pre-built binaries. Libraries can change quite a bit between levels and make binaries less stable across versions.

        John - ke5ssh

        --

        John Williams

        KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

    • Henri Honda
      Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
        On 01/01/2013 09:16 PM, John Williams wrote:

        OK, John!

        It's worth a try!  Will do it and see how I fare out!

        Thank you!

        Hope you had a great New Year's Day!

[...]

      • gm0csz
        Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hi Hank , If you can´t install Mint 13 (12.04) LTS , possibly because of a hardware problem ,may I suggest you try Lubuntu 12.04 LTS   It has a leaner ,but yet fully fledged , desktop . It is available for both 32 and 64 bit machines.

          Lubuntu 12.04 ,following download and burning a CD ,can be tested in live mode ,meaning in that mode nothing is installed on the hard drive . Just try that .

          Good Luck  and HNY 2013

          Frank   GM0CSZ / KN6WH