Re: [linuxham] Re: fldigi with IC706mkIIG and microham micro KEYER

  • Dave Wright
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
      Start RUMlog, go to "Preferences" in the menu bar. Find the "Digi" tab.  In the upper-right corner is the Fldigi configuration section.  Select "Send TRX data".  Hit "Save".

      Now, go to Fldigi, "Configure", "Rig Control", look for the XML-RPC tab.  Select "XML-RPC" program.  Hit "Save" and "Close".

      Once you have a logbook setup in Fldigi (you can import your ADIF file to create and save one), you will need to point RUMlog at the logbook.  Again, in RUMlog, go back to "Digi" tab, in the Fldigi section, select "Log"…this opens a finder box. Hit CMD+SHIFT+. in order to show hidden files. Look for the .fldigi directory in your home folder; the logbook is under the 'logs" folder.  Point at that folder, then hit "save".

      Now, you can automatically check or manually check and import QSOs from Fldigi by going to the Digi menu in RUMlog, select "Fldigi - Auto check log" (will check every 5 seconds or so for new entires) or "Fldigi - Manual check" (will only check when you ask it to…this is what I use). Once the log is imported into RUMlog, you should be good to go for editing/tracking/QSLing using RUMlog.

      Let me know if you have any problems.  For support of Fldigi on OS X, this is the best place to be, but for general Mac ham radio issues, you may want to check out the Mac Ham Radio mailing list at: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/ham-mac   There isn't a lot of traffic, but it is a good list for OS X hams, with lots of good support when needed.

      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net

      "Real radio bounces off the sky"

      On Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 4:11 AM, es45525 wrote:

      Hi Dave,

      thank you for your information.
      RUMLog RUMrouter and running on my Mac very well, only the coca modem I do not like. so I wanted to use fldigi for RTTY, PSK etc..
      How can I connect with fldigi RUMLog? I am, as far as the mac, nor a newbie.
      Where can I set the function in fldigi XML-RPC? What needs to be set as?
      fldigi with RUMLog for me would be the best solution.
      I hope you can give me a little help here.

      vy 73 de DF9DD Ed