Re: still no use of FLdigi

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
      On 12/03/2012 03:55 PM, Tearlach Sinclair wrote:
      > Sorry that I did not give that info up front, Ed. I'm using Ubuntu
      > 12.04 and FLDigi version 3.21.38 to communicate through a Rigblaster
      > Plug & Play with an Icom IC-718. The drivers for the Rigblaster are
      > installed but I cannot get any communication between the computer and
      > the radio. Here is a copy of my original post to the Linux Ham
      > group. Also is your response to me through that group. Tearlach

      I prefer to keep everything posted to the group as well.

      You need to do this from a terminal::

      > $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kamalmostafa/fldigi
      >
      > $ sudo apt-get update
      >
      > $ sudo apt-get install fldigi

      And this ::

      sudo adduser (yourusername) dialout

      Log out and then log back in.

      Open Configure > Soundcard, make sure you only have PulseAudio checked,
      in the Right Channel tab only Mono Audio output should be checked. Cick
      Save and close.

      Now again from a terminal::

      sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

      it will be installed in your media tab.

      Open Pulse Audio Volume Control, the rigblaster should be listed as a
      usb codec. If so, make sure that is what you select for sound control.

      Adjust the sliders to max, hopefully it will all work.

      Make sure there is not a menu item in the 718 for data jack.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        On 12/03/2012 12:49 PM, Tearlach Sinclair wrote:
        > Ed, I did as you and Walt said, even copied the codes so I had it
        > right, and still have nothing. I simply have no bloody idea what to
        > do to get this FLDigi takling to my radio. Have you any other trials
        > that I might use? thanks, Tearlach W8SCO

        What codes did you copy and where did you copy thm to ?