Re: [linuxham] Re: Newer versions won't run..Fldigi, etc..

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
      On 12/01/2012 05:50 PM, dave5722 wrote:
      > OK guys, new problem.
      >
      > I did three separate installations from source as directed previously
      > on 3 separate computers running Mint 12. I then added a fresh
      > install of Mint 14 to one hard drive and used the same instructions
      > to build from source. I ended up with a couple of errors.
      >
      > First error is when I add lines to the sources.list and then sudo
      > apt-get update. (I have checked multiple times to make sure
      > everything is spelled correctly)
      >
      > All new deb-src entries in the sources.list do the same thing,
      > (example of one line):
      >
      > W: Failed to fetch
      > http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/dists/precise-updates/multiverse/source/Sources
      > 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.15 80]

      What is the name used for Mint14 ? Mint12 is called precise. You need to
      use the correct name in the above. Or you can just open your package
      manager select repositories and check everything but the install media
      (cd/dvd).

      > Second error occurs when running sudo apt-get build-dep fldigi:
      >
      > Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state
      > information... Done E: Unable to find a source package for fldigi

      Your sources list is incorrect, per the above.

      > Now on Mint 12, all three computers, I also get the "Failed to
      > fetch" error.

      Busy, overloaded serveer, usually.

      > I'm guessing that on Mint 14, I am not getting all the dependencies
      > listed, so when I install, doesn't work. Don't understand why I am
      > "failing to fetch" all of a sudden unless something has been
      > changed.
      >
      > What am I doing wrong now? (Hey, at least I'm learning a bunch!)
      >
      > Dave KB6PNT

      Ed W3NR
    • dave5722
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
        Thanks Ed. As you can see, I'm still learning, will make some changes.

        Dave KB6PNT