Re: [linuxham] TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

  • Pierfrancesco Caci
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2012
      Hi Thomas,

      On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...> wrote:
      > Hi Pierfrancesco,
      >

      > Tuning works *partially* with all three available cwdaemon versions
      > (0.9.2, 0.9.4 and 0.9.6). The problem is always in the PTT line
      > handling. If you use the full-BK without relying on PTT it should work
      > ok.
      >
      > The observed problems are:
      >
      > - 0.9.2 and 0.9.4 switches PTT on and very immediately off again. The
      > keying pin is handled properly, but 0.9.4 do not allow to stop the
      > tuning earlier.
      >
      > - In 0.9.6 I can not get the PTT working at all.
      >
      > So the situation is bad for all actual versions if you have to use PTT
      > for your rig.

      I have cwdaemon talk to a microHAM USB Interface II.
      I could observe the PTT led flicker at beginning of tune, but the
      CW led doesn't turn up at all.
      While sending cw messages instead, I can see PTT flicker, and then I
      have CW flash normally.
      Alt-P from tlf works correctly, toggling PTT on and off.

      The rigs themselves don't need PTT to send CW.

      Pf

      --
      Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx
    • Thomas Beierlein
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 20, 2012
        Hi Pierfrancesco,

        sorry for the long delay. I was a little bit busy here :-)....

        In meantime I found the reason for the Tuning function not working at
        your side. There is a further bug in cwdaemon which stops activation of
        the tune function if your sidetone frequency is set to 0. Please try it.

        So we have to find a way to mute the cw output from cwdaemon while
        still having the tuning function working.

        73, de Tom DL1JBE

        --
        "Do what is needful!"
        Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
          Hey Thomas, no worries, I'm having my share of crazy work schedules as
          well. I'm a few
          timezones away from my radio now, will do this test when I get back.

          Pf

          On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...> wrote:
          > Hi Pierfrancesco,
          >
          > sorry for the long delay. I was a little bit busy here :-)....
          >
          > In meantime I found the reason for the Tuning function not working at
          > your side. There is a further bug in cwdaemon which stops activation of
          > the tune function if your sidetone frequency is set to 0. Please try it.
          >
          > So we have to find a way to mute the cw output from cwdaemon while
          > still having the tuning function working.
          >
          > 73, de Tom DL1JBE
          >
          > Am Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:57:04 +0100
          > schrieb Pierfrancesco Caci <ik5pvx@...>:
          >
          >> Hi Thomas,
          >>
          >> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...>
          >> wrote:
          >> > Hi Pierfrancesco,
          >> >

          >> > Tuning works *partially* with all three available cwdaemon versions
          >> > (0.9.2, 0.9.4 and 0.9.6). The problem is always in the PTT line
          >> > handling. If you use the full-BK without relying on PTT it should
          >> > work ok.
          >> >
          >> > The observed problems are:
          >> >
          >> > - 0.9.2 and 0.9.4 switches PTT on and very immediately off again.
          >> > The keying pin is handled properly, but 0.9.4 do not allow to stop
          >> > the tuning earlier.
          >> >
          >> > - In 0.9.6 I can not get the PTT working at all.
          >> >
          >> > So the situation is bad for all actual versions if you have to use
          >> > PTT for your rig.
          >>
          >> I have cwdaemon talk to a microHAM USB Interface II.
          >> I could observe the PTT led flicker at beginning of tune, but the
          >> CW led doesn't turn up at all.
          >> While sending cw messages instead, I can see PTT flicker, and then I
          >> have CW flash normally.
          >> Alt-P from tlf works correctly, toggling PTT on and off.
          >>
          >> The rigs themselves don't need PTT to send CW.
          >>
          >> Pf
          >>

          > --
          > "Do what is needful!"
          > Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea
          > --

          Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx
        • Pierfrancesco Caci
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2012
            Thomas,
            I've tested this, and setting TONE=1 from within TLF makes tune work. Same as CWTONE=1 from the config file.
            Looks like a viable workaround to me.

            --
            "Do what is needful!"
            Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea