Re: [linuxham] Issues with fldigi and Mac OS X 10.7.5

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012

      Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:59 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Robert Stiles" kk5vd

      Hello Dick,
      The compilers used is:
      /Developer/Xcode- 4.3.app/Contents /Developer/ usr/llvm- gcc-4.2/bin/ llvm-gcc- 4.2
      i686-apple-darwin11 -llvm-gcc- 4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.9.00)

      I have a few other compilers namely gcc-4.6, gcc-4.7, intel v12 but none of these can compile the object-c code in FLTK, so I stuck using apple's c/c++ compilers.

      The font issue might be a particular font I have installed. However it is strange to correct the problem all I have to do is compile unmodified 3.21.xx sources. I could use the command line switch to change the default font. But that does not answer the question as to why. If I can figure out exactly what font is causing the issue I'll select it from another program to see it it behaves correctly.

      Robert
      KK5VD

      Robert,

      Thanks for the response. I was unaware that Apple's Xcode could compile from W1HKJ's source code. I have Xcode version 4.5.3 for OS X 10.8.2 and may give it try.  I still don't understand why you want to compile your own rather than use the .dmg version posted by Dave, W1HKJ?

      I have no way of knowing what font is giving you trouble.  The binary versions of fldigi work find under OS X that has standard fonts installed. As a matter of personal preference I change my TX and RX fonts from the Arial to the Mac standard Menlo Italic 19.

      Dick AA5VU