Re: [linuxham] Digest Number 2395

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      On 31 Oct 2012 at 19:38, linuxham@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > 4a. fldigi-3.21.59 posted
      > Posted by: "w1hkj" w1hkj@... w1hkj
      > Date: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/
      >
      > Version 3.21.59
      >
      > Thumbdrive
      > * discover application executable location
      > * if the directory in which "fldigi" / "fldigi.exe" resides
      > contains a file named NBEMS.DIR then base all NBEMS file
      > locations to that drive-folder
      > * this allows a fully portble NBEMS installation
      > to a thumbdrive (or other portable drive)
      > * it also allows a very easy way to install multiple NBEMS
      > suites
      > for different target uses on a single hard drive

      Nice...

      What would be totally wonderful though, would be to have a multiple OS
      portable instalation. Not sure how that'd work in detail, but if the
      data files were compatable across the OS boundries, then you'd "just"
      (Ha!) need some way for the OS to find and and run "it's" approprate
      executable, that in turn would use the common data set.

      There is one such autosensing Windows/Linux app out there already, but I
      forget the name of it (a cloud storage app I think) that does something
      like this.

      I'll crawl back under my rock...

      73

      Dave G0WBX.