Quisk, LP-PAN, E-MU 0204 and FTdx5000 on Linux

  • William Liporace - WC2L
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012

      I finally got a decent sound device (E-MU 0204) for my PC. I have quick installed. I have the card identified. Thought I have gone through the config. I just do not see the signals.

      I did enable the IF Jack on the back of the radio.

      I see the sound card in the config menu.

      First wanted to get the pan adapter to work.

      Maybe get other things to work (FLDIGI or ???).

      Any helps and/tips?

      TNX Will WC2L

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
        On 11/01/2012 04:26 AM, William Liporace - WC2L wrote:
        > I finally got a decent sound device (E-MU 0204) for my PC. I have quick
        > installed. I have the card identified. Thought I have gone through the
        > config. I just do not see the signals.
        >
        > I did enable the IF Jack on the back of the radio.
        >
        > I see the sound card in the config menu.
        >
        > First wanted to get the pan adapter to work.
        >
        > Maybe get other things to work (FLDIGI or ???).
        >

        > Any helps and/tips?
        >

        > TNX Will WC2L

        Have you selected the correct card in Pulse ? Is the gain set high
        enough in Pulse ?

        Ed W3NR
      • David A. Ranch
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012

          Hello Will,

          I wrote up how to use Quisk some time ago on my doc but I must admit I never did get the full 96Khz working with the Soundblaster X-Fi (known "full speed" USB issue on my specific EHCI providing chipset).  As a FYI, I understand that the EMU-0204 can be a bear to reliably run at 192Khz with Linux due to it's drivers:

            http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#42.quisk

          --David