Re: Receive window scrolling freeze

  • pa3gwh@pa3gwh.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2012
      Sorry for jumping in late but this one was getting on my nerves too. On the 30m webreceiver, I use fldigi to report to pskreporter and I had the very same problem there (I can't remember when it started).
      After reading this threat I started playing around with my squelch and accompanying slider. I switched on the squelch (I normally have this off), the button turns yellow and on receipt of a strong enough signal, turns green and I must say, I haven't seen this scrolling freeze since.... the slider stays where it should be, no receive text below anymore.

      So I was wondering if you are all using the squelch and if this makes any difference for you? Note there is a separate squelch slider for the signalbrowser, I mean the one next to AFC, bottom right hand side of the fldigi screen.

      73 de Richard PA3GWH

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 29, 2012
        Scrolling and a few other text font related issues will be (should be)
        fixed in a forthcoming update.

        Dave

        On 10/29/2012 11:44 AM, pa3gwh@... wrote:
        > Sorry for jumping in late but this one was getting on my nerves too. On the 30m webreceiver, I use fldigi to report to pskreporter and I had the very same problem there (I can't remember when it started).
        > After reading this threat I started playing around with my squelch and accompanying slider. I switched on the squelch (I normally have this off), the button turns yellow and on receipt of a strong enough signal, turns green and I must say, I haven't seen this scrolling freeze since.... the slider stays where it should be, no receive text below anymore.
        >
        > So I was wondering if you are all using the squelch and if this makes any difference for you? Note there is a separate squelch slider for the signalbrowser, I mean the one next to AFC, bottom right hand side of the fldigi screen.
        >
        > 73 de Richard PA3GWH
        >
        > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "Dave B" <dave@...> wrote:

        >>> Decoded text continues to appear in the receive window all the time,
        >>> but something causes the window scrolling to freeze so that gradually
        >>> the scroll bar migrates up the window instead of remaining at the
        >>> bottom, the result is that the view becomes essentially static because
        >>> the new text is not added in the visible area.

        >>> Yes, everything returns to normal when the clear menu option is
        >>> selected. It certainly isn't in any way fatal, just a bit annoying and
        >>> quite puzzling. I started to see it with 3.21.38 I think, it was the
        >>> first release with the UTF8 support. I built one version of it with
        >>> the UTF8 support patched out and it worked like the older versions
        >>> always had before.
        >>>
        >>> --
        >>>
        >>> Brian Morrison G8SEZ
        >> Grabbing that scroll bar, and pulling it down to the bottom (so the text
        >> screen scrolls all the way up) also fixes that issue I find.
        >>
        >> 73
        >>
        >> Dave G0WBX.

      • Brian Morrison
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 29, 2012
          On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:44:18 -0000
          pa3gwh@... wrote:

          > So I was wondering if you are all using the squelch and if this makes
          > any difference for you? Note there is a separate squelch slider for
          > the signalbrowser, I mean the one next to AFC, bottom right hand side
          > of the fldigi screen.

          It doesn't make any difference for me, other than the fact that without
          the squelch there is more receive window text appearing and so any
          freeze is more likely.

          I know Dave is on to this one, but it is very subtle and difficult to
          find the reason for the problem.

          fldigi is still a wonderful piece of software, this is an annoyance bug
          rather than a real problem and I'm happy to wait until it's finally
          nailed.

          --

          Brian Morrison G8SEZ