Re: [linuxham] Logging app request

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2012
      On 10/27/2012 12:05 PM, David A. Ranch wrote:

      Oh!!! So that's what that field is for!  I have mouse-overs disabled and I had the exact same issue Ken did. Where did the country field go?!  Personally, I have no need for the AZ field and I don't know why the "Op" or Operator field is so long.  I know that doing User Interfaces is always a balance but I would encourage you to consider re-labeling the Country and Notes fields if possible in future versions of Fldigi.

      --David

      The fields are sized to allow sufficient width for non-English fonts and entry lengths.  The field positions are laid out to provide visual balance.  Adding a label for Country and/or Notes would add unnecessary white space around the controls.  Perhaps you might design a more ergonomic layout David.  The layout code is in src/dialogs/fl_digi.cxx (the largest single source file).  There are three different logging layouts, so you should address all three.  Do you use the Rx panel right-click-menu to populate the fields?  Do you use the "lookup call" functionality?  Just captured this on 20 meters

      The fields were populated via a call the HamQTH (a free service)