Re: [linuxham] fldigi-3.21.53 posted

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
      On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
      > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
      > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
      >
      >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
      >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
      >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
      >>
      >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
      > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
      > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
      > it's in another library somewhere.

      Brian,

      What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?

      Dave
    • Brian Morrison
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
        On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:36:42 -0500
        w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

        > On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
        > > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
        > > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
        > >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
        > >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
        > >>
        > >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
        > > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
        > > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
        > > it's in another library somewhere.
        > >
        > Brian,
        >
        > What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?

        I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.

        I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
        difference.

        --

        Brian Morrison G8SEZ
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
          On 10/04/2012 06:38 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
          > On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:36:42 -0500
          > w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:
          >
          >> On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:

          >>> Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
          >>> about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
          >>> it's in another library somewhere.
          >>>
          >> Brian,
          >>
          >> What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?
          > I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
          >
          > I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
          > difference.

          Might I suggest the font Monaco.

          Dave
        • Brian Morrison
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
            On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:24 -0500
            w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

            > > I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
            > >
            > > I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
            > > difference.
            > >
            > Might I suggest the font Monaco.

            I don't have that on my list, I'll see if I can find it for Fedora.

            Just built and installed 3.21.54, I'm trying a different font, Dejavu
            LGC Sans Mono to see if it helps.

            Thanks for the new version!

            --

            Brian Morrison

            Oscar Wilde
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
              On 10/05/2012 03:30 AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
              > On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:24 -0500
              > w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:
              >
              >>> I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
              >>>
              >>> I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
              >>> difference.
              >>>
              >> Might I suggest the font Monaco.
              >
              > I don't have that on my list, I'll see if I can find it for Fedora.
              >
              > Just built and installed 3.21.54, I'm trying a different font, Dejavu
              > LGC Sans Mono to see if it helps.
              >
              > Thanks for the new version!

              I just uploaded the Monaco font to the files area. Dave suggested I
              might want to try it. I just installed it a couple of days ago. I've
              been using Mono.