Re: [linuxham] fldigi-3.21.53 posted

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
      On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
      > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
      > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
      >
      >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
      >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
      >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
      >>
      >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
      > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
      > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
      > it's in another library somewhere.

      Have you tried adjusting the position of the Rx/Tx separator bar ?

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
        On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
        > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
        > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
        >
        >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
        >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
        >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
        >>
        >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
        > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
        > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
        > it's in another library somewhere.

        Brian,

        What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?

        Dave
      • Brian Morrison
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
          On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:36:42 -0500
          w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

          > On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
          > > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
          > > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
          > >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
          > >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
          > >>
          > >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
          > > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
          > > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
          > > it's in another library somewhere.
          > >
          > Brian,
          >
          > What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?

          I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.

          I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
          difference.

          --

          Brian Morrison G8SEZ
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
            On 10/04/2012 06:38 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
            > On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:36:42 -0500
            > w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:
            >
            >> On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:

            >>> Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
            >>> about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
            >>> it's in another library somewhere.
            >>>
            >> Brian,
            >>
            >> What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?
            > I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
            >
            > I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
            > difference.

            Might I suggest the font Monaco.

            Dave
          • Brian Morrison
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
              On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:24 -0500
              w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

              > > I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
              > >
              > > I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
              > > difference.
              > >
              > Might I suggest the font Monaco.

              I don't have that on my list, I'll see if I can find it for Fedora.

              Just built and installed 3.21.54, I'm trying a different font, Dejavu
              LGC Sans Mono to see if it helps.

              Thanks for the new version!

              --

              Brian Morrison

              Oscar Wilde
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
                On 10/05/2012 03:30 AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
                > On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:24 -0500
                > w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:
                >
                >>> I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
                >>>
                >>> I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
                >>> difference.
                >>>
                >> Might I suggest the font Monaco.
                >
                > I don't have that on my list, I'll see if I can find it for Fedora.
                >
                > Just built and installed 3.21.54, I'm trying a different font, Dejavu
                > LGC Sans Mono to see if it helps.
                >
                > Thanks for the new version!

                I just uploaded the Monaco font to the files area. Dave suggested I
                might want to try it. I just installed it a couple of days ago. I've
                been using Mono.