fldigi-3.21.53 posted

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
      http://www.w1hkj.com

      Version 3.21.53
      - Maintenance release

      Fix crash if no OSS mixer support(Linux issue)

      Protect MixerOSS:: routines from trying to access uninitialized
      tables, as
      happens when no OSS mixer support is present. Specifically, if
      openMixer()
      or initMask() error out for whatever reason, then InputSourceNbr()
      and other
      routines will crash becasue num_rec and num_out never get set to zero.

      Logbook Call width
      * Base Freq / Call control width on width of string
      "WW/WW8WWW/WW." vice
      "99.99999"99
      * needed for OS X - default fonts use very narrow digits

      Log file update
      * Write UTF-8 to log file
      * Remove redundant code
      - open log file in main.cxx
      - also in function create_fl_digi_main_primary()

      UTF-8 char echo
      - fix echoing of UTF-8 characters in the Rx panel

      Hamlib sideband menu
      * Toggle initialize button when sideband menu selector changes

      73, Dave, W1HKJ
    • Brian Morrison
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2012
        On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 19:05:25 -0500
        w1hkj wrote:

        > Version 3.21.53
        > - Maintenance release

        Built, installed and running on F17 64 bit, thanks Dave.

        It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
        to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
        longer remains at the bottom of the window.

        I'll report back when I know one way or the other.

        --

        Brian Morrison
      • Brian Morrison
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
          On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
          Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:

          > It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
          > to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
          > longer remains at the bottom of the window.
          >
          > I'll report back when I know one way or the other.

          Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
          about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
          it's in another library somewhere.

          --

          Brian Morrison G8SEZ
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
            On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
            > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
            > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
            >
            >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
            >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
            >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
            >>
            >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
            > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
            > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
            > it's in another library somewhere.

            Have you tried adjusting the position of the Rx/Tx separator bar ?

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
              On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
              > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
              > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
              >
              >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
              >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
              >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
              >>
              >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
              > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
              > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
              > it's in another library somewhere.

              Brian,

              What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?

              Dave
            • Brian Morrison
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
                On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:36:42 -0500
                w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

                > On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
                > > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:33:01 +0100
                > > Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:
                > >
                > >> It will be interesting to see if the UTF8 changes make any difference
                > >> to the stalling Rx window where new text is added but the scroll bar no
                > >> longer remains at the bottom of the window.
                > >>
                > >> I'll report back when I know one way or the other.
                > > Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
                > > about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
                > > it's in another library somewhere.
                > >
                > Brian,
                >
                > What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?

                I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.

                I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
                difference.

                --

                Brian Morrison G8SEZ
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 4, 2012
                  On 10/04/2012 06:38 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:
                  > On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:36:42 -0500
                  > w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> On 10/04/2012 02:29 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:

                  >>> Unfortunately it doesn't help with this problem. There is something
                  >>> about the UTF8 or Cyrillic decoding that causes a problem, I suspect
                  >>> it's in another library somewhere.
                  >>>
                  >> Brian,
                  >>
                  >> What font and font size are you using in the Rx panel?
                  > I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
                  >
                  > I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
                  > difference.

                  Might I suggest the font Monaco.

                  Dave
                • Brian Morrison
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
                    On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:24 -0500
                    w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

                    > > I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
                    > >
                    > > I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
                    > > difference.
                    > >
                    > Might I suggest the font Monaco.

                    I don't have that on my list, I'll see if I can find it for Fedora.

                    Just built and installed 3.21.54, I'm trying a different font, Dejavu
                    LGC Sans Mono to see if it helps.

                    Thanks for the new version!

                    --

                    Brian Morrison

                    Oscar Wilde
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
                      On 10/05/2012 03:30 AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
                      > On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:24 -0500
                      > w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >>> I am using Liberation Mono 16 pt for the Rx window.
                      >>>
                      >>> I've changed the size of the Rx window to see if it makes any
                      >>> difference.
                      >>>
                      >> Might I suggest the font Monaco.
                      >
                      > I don't have that on my list, I'll see if I can find it for Fedora.
                      >
                      > Just built and installed 3.21.54, I'm trying a different font, Dejavu
                      > LGC Sans Mono to see if it helps.
                      >
                      > Thanks for the new version!

                      I just uploaded the Monaco font to the files area. Dave suggested I
                      might want to try it. I just installed it a couple of days ago. I've
                      been using Mono.