Re: [linuxham] Hamlib CAT control / FT-897D

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
      On 10/01/2012 06:00 PM, Glaab, Tom wrote:
      > It looks like the Hamlib radio definitions are hard-coded in the
      > Fldigi code (that's what the documentation says). I set up Hamlib
      > today when Rig-CAT stopped working (no idea why) and found the
      > definitions for the Yaesu FT-897D could use some tweaking (available
      > modes, USB/LSB sense, etc). I've tweaked the Rig-CAT XML for my radio;
      > how can I contribute suggested fixes for Hamlib?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > tg.
      > AJ4UQ

      Just install and use flrig.

      You can submit hamlib fixes here ::

      http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/hamlib/index.php?title=Main_Page

      Ed W3NR
    • tomglaab
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2012
        > Just install and use flrig.

        Flrig doesn't offer a whole lot of functionality for my FT-897D that Fldigi doesn't already have. I am using Hamlib simply because RigCAT suddenly stopped working in Fldigi.

        > You can submit hamlib fixes here ::
        > http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/hamlib/index.php?title=Main_Page

        Thanks, will take a look there.

        tg.
        AJ4UQ
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2012
          On 10/02/2012 11:07 AM, tomglaab wrote:
          > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Ed <autek@...> wrote:
          >> Just install and use flrig.
          >
          > Flrig doesn't offer a whole lot of functionality for my FT-897D that
          > Fldigi doesn't already have. I am using Hamlib simply because RigCAT
          > suddenly stopped working in Fldigi.
          >
          >> You can submit hamlib fixes here ::
          >> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/hamlib/index.php?title=Main_Page
          >

          > Thanks, will take a look there.
          >
          > tg. AJ4UQ

          Have you looked to see what the event log has to say about rigcat ? Open
          fldigi, open the event log to debug, select and initialize rigcat.
          Hopefully it will point to the problem.