Re: [linuxham] flrig mention on AmateurLogic.tv

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
      On 10/01/2012 01:52 AM, sonick55 wrote:
      > I'm sure many of my fellow hams are familiar with amateurlogic.tv video podcast; if not, please check it out at amateurlogic.tv.
      >
      > They had mentioned how Linux was short an equivalent to "Ham Radio Deluxe" for Windows, so I sent them an email pointing them to flrig. This mention made it to the podcast in episode 44, just released.
      >
      > Both hosts agree it looks like it's hot on the heels of HRD, with the huge bonus of open source to add your own function for your particular shack/rig, etc.
      >
      > I wanted to mention that flrig is gaining interest, but even more than that I want to issue a plea to please continue to make flrig a priority in the dev queue :) Many many people have already migrated from DM780 to fldigi, it would really be amazing to see flrig pull off the same.
      >
      > fl-user since '08..
      > Jayson
      > KE7VZW
      flrig remains a high priority development item. Besides being open
      source it is also (to my knowledge) the only cross platform transceiver
      control program. It can execute on Linux, Windows (2000, NT, XP, Vista,
      Win7, Win8 *), OS X, Free-BSD, Open-BSD, and Puppy-Linux.

      Dave

      * - tested on pre-release Win8
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
        On 10/01/2012 07:06 AM, w1hkj wrote:

        > flrig remains a high priority development item. Besides being open
        > source it is also (to my knowledge) the only cross platform
        > transceiver control program. It can execute on Linux, Windows (2000,
        > NT, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 *), OS X, Free-BSD, Open-BSD, and
        > Puppy-Linux.
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > * - tested on pre-release Win8

        I've tested/used flrig on an IC-735 FT-450 FT-950 and a TT Pegasus.

        If you are not using flrig, you are missing out on being able to use
        most of the features of your rig.

        Ed W3NR
      • sonick55
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012

          > flrig remains a high priority development item. Besides being open
          > source it is also (to my knowledge) the only cross platform transceiver
          > control program. It can execute on Linux, Windows (2000, NT, XP, Vista,
          > Win7, Win8 *), OS X, Free-BSD, Open-BSD, and Puppy-Linux.
          >
          > Dave
          >
          > * - tested on pre-release Win8

          That is great news! I'll be following along as usual.

          Thanks for the reply,
          73
          Jayson
          KE7VZW