Re: Signalink USB settings with iMac

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2012
      Grant,

      You need to balance your OS X System Preferences/Sound Output with the SignaLink

      Set the SL TX level pot to mid level, put the fldigi TXLevel attenuator to about -10db then adjust the OS X Output slider until you see the desired output power on an external power meter with little of no ALC showing on the rig's S-Meter. Play with the settings. Once you get things setup you can then make fine tuning adjustments on-the-fly using the very cool fldigi TXLevel control or the pot on the SL USB.  Do not forget to unselect the USB Audio Codec from the Sound panel or you will be be transmitting Mac system beeps over the air

      Dick AA5VU

      Hi, I have just installed a new Signalink USB interface to my Yaesu FT450. I run fldigi software. does anyone have detailed setup instructions for the iMac? I am running Mountain Lion software on the iMac desktop machine. When I run test at full power (into a dummy load) my power meter barely moves. Unless some of fldigi's setting are wrong in my system, it looks like I need to install the special jumpers Tigertronics talk about to increase output power. But before I explore this path, I thought I should consult the combined wisdom of the group first because doubtlessly someone has been there done that before.

      Regards
      Grant VK4JAZ