Re: [linuxham] Re: Account hacked :-(

  • JimR
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2012
      This is happening at an alarming rate to people with *Yahoo accounts*.  It seems to have become more prevalent over the last 2 months or so.  You will note that I don't use a Yahoo account.

      The latest variant is, e.g., my wife is receiving email on her yahoo mail account claiming to be from me (but with a different return address in the header).  It references my personal name, and her personal name.  Obviously, somebody has a copy of her address book for it to happen with this level of detail.  The rest of the text is just a URL, which she doesn't dare to click on.

      I know a couple of months ago, there was a case where Yahoo had a security breach and leaked passwords for over 400,000 of their members, but I don't think we were on that list.

      73 de Jim, KD1YV

      On 08/31/2012 08:43 PM, ThomasA wrote:

      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Per <n59o18@...> wrote:

      > Seems someone has managed to send spam from my email account at yahoo. I am very sorry about that.
      > I have altered the password and will now look into how it could happen.
      >
      > 73, Per
      > sm0rwo

      Per, it has happened to us all. Most likely a online game or something like that... 73 Tom K8WDX

    • Holger Schurig
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
        I use my google account to login into Yahoo. Works great :-)

        (But the real reason is that I made my yahoo account years ago, forgot the password, and the site where yahoo sends the password remember e-mail to does no longer exist ...)