Power supply and battery backup for your station

  • Richard Dowty
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
      This is a link for a power supply and battery backup for your ham station that is sold on Amazon. This has a nice price tag on it.
      1. 55 amps
      2. smart charger for Lead acid, Agm and gel
      3. It is connected for 12VDC and when power drops it switches to the battery. It switches back and charges up the battery when power returns. It is nice for solar systems for ham radio.
      here is the link:
      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/183-6946400-6410337?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=DLS-55/IQ4%20IOTA
      Rich/W7EET
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
        On 08/31/2012 06:52 PM, Richard Dowty wrote:
        This is a link for a power supply and battery backup for your ham station that is sold on Amazon. This has a nice price tag on it.
        1. 55 amps
        2. smart charger for Lead acid, Agm and gel
        3. It is connected for 12VDC and when power drops it switches to the battery. It switches back and charges up the battery when power returns. It is nice for solar systems for ham radio.
        here is the link:
        Rich/W7EET
        Thanks for the link Rich.

        Dave
      • qrv@kd4e.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
          I have the 45A model with the DLS-45/IQ4 -- the IQ4 part is very
          important as it keeps your battery from overcharging and occasionally
          does some other maintenance.

          I have it connected to a large DEKA Seamate AGM.

          I'd rather have an Iron Edison system powering the whole house and
          solar charged with grid backup - but that's but a dream for now.

          --

          Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
          David Colburn nevils-station.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
            Sorry, anybody have a circuit to make?

            I want make a charger and backup power with batery.

            73 de LW3ESH