Re: [linuxham] suspicious someone using hijack virus on linuxham

  • David A. Ranch
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 23, 2012
      Yes... many security exploits these days use websites and a common
      attack vector: JavaScript.

      To your point, there *is* a way to block JS from running in your
      Browser: it's called NoScript -
      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/

      I personally consider it a mandatory plugin for Firefox. Chrome has
      similar tools (ScriptNo) but many of them don't get the updates like
      NoScript does. I will admit it will take some getting used to as so
      many websites use JavaScript but when you go to new sites, you'll
      quickly see how it protects you. I also encourage you NOT to disable it
      and NOT to permanently accept all JS on a given site. You'll eventually
      get a feel for what JS you can temporarily allow to let a given page
      come up.

      I also HIGHLY recommend people install NoFlash and AdBlock. With these
      three plugins installed, you're "random" webpage browsing experience is
      a LOT safer.

      --David