Re: [linuxham] Re: IC728 -- compilation under Fedora Core 5 or else an executable

  • Caitlyn M. Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2006
      Hi, Jim,

      I hope your wife recovers quickly.

      My problem was not having fltk-devel installed. I was
      root.

      Yes, it works fine with the IC-723S. I suspect it
      will work with any of the IC-723/728/729 family. I
      don't do Windows at all as I do UNIX/Linux for a
      living. I am running Fedora Core 5 with all the
      latest and greatest updates/patches.

      73,
      Caity
      K7VO

      --- w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

      > Hello Caity,
      >
      > I have been reclused from the computer for a week or
      > two as I care for
      > the wife as she recovers from hip surgery. It
      > sounds like you have
      > resolved your problem, perhaps with a little help
      > from Jim.
      >
      > The web site only has the source code for the
      > Icom728 program. Your
      > initial problem with the fltk libraries was probably
      > due to not
      > executing "make install" as root. You can execute
      > "make" as a local
      > user and run all of the test programs. But the
      > libraries and header
      > files need to be placed in the /usr/local/include,
      > /usr/local/lib,
      > /usr/local/bin ... etc to be able to compile
      > anything outside of the
      > fltk-1.1.x directory.
      >
      > Let me know if that works with the IC-723 and
      > whether you are on Linux
      > (what distro) or Windows (which version).
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Dave, W1HKJ

      > Get to your groups with one click. Know instantly
      > when new email arrives

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

      Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
      http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
      Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
      ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637

      http://mail.yahoo.com