Re: [linuxham] Re: IC728 -- compilation under Fedora Core 5 or else an executable

    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2006
      Hello Caity,

      I have been reclused from the computer for a week or two as I care for
      the wife as she recovers from hip surgery. It sounds like you have
      resolved your problem, perhaps with a little help from Jim.

      The web site only has the source code for the Icom728 program. Your
      initial problem with the fltk libraries was probably due to not
      executing "make install" as root. You can execute "make" as a local
      user and run all of the test programs. But the libraries and header
      files need to be placed in the /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib,
      /usr/local/bin ... etc to be able to compile anything outside of the
      fltk-1.1.x directory.

      Let me know if that works with the IC-723 and whether you are on Linux
      (what distro) or Windows (which version).

      Thanks.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • Caitlyn M. Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2006
        Hi, Jim,

        I hope your wife recovers quickly.

        My problem was not having fltk-devel installed. I was
        root.

        Yes, it works fine with the IC-723S. I suspect it
        will work with any of the IC-723/728/729 family. I
        don't do Windows at all as I do UNIX/Linux for a
        living. I am running Fedora Core 5 with all the
        latest and greatest updates/patches.

        73,
        Caity
        K7VO

        --- w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

        > Hello Caity,
        >
        > I have been reclused from the computer for a week or
        > two as I care for
        > the wife as she recovers from hip surgery. It
        > sounds like you have
        > resolved your problem, perhaps with a little help
        > from Jim.
        >
        > The web site only has the source code for the
        > Icom728 program. Your
        > initial problem with the fltk libraries was probably
        > due to not
        > executing "make install" as root. You can execute
        > "make" as a local
        > user and run all of the test programs. But the
        > libraries and header
        > files need to be placed in the /usr/local/include,
        > /usr/local/lib,
        > /usr/local/bin ... etc to be able to compile
        > anything outside of the
        > fltk-1.1.x directory.
        >
        > Let me know if that works with the IC-723 and
        > whether you are on Linux
        > (what distro) or Windows (which version).
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Dave, W1HKJ

        > Get to your groups with one click. Know instantly
        > when new email arrives

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

        Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
        http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
        Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
        ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637

        http://mail.yahoo.com