Re: [linuxham] Fldigi-Wiki updated

  • Creede Lambard
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
      On 08/01/2012 08:58 AM, w1hkj wrote:

      On 08/01/2012 10:43 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

      Hi Dave,

      What's the procedure to sign up to edit the wiki? I see a login link but not a registration link.
      register here https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

      The link to the registration page is on this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/, 2/3 of the way down the page under Wiki.

      That was easy, thanks. :-)

      73, Creede WA7KPK
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
        On 08/01/2012 11:03 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

        On 08/01/2012 08:58 AM, w1hkj wrote:

        On 08/01/2012 10:43 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

        Hi Dave,

        What's the procedure to sign up to edit the wiki? I see a login link but not a registration link.
        register here https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

        The link to the registration page is on this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/, 2/3 of the way down the page under Wiki.

        That was easy, thanks. :-)
        Shout if you have any question about creating a new page.  If you are going to create a HOWTO for a distro:

        visit https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Lubuntu_installation

        and save the page as text (bottom of page)

        Then visit and print https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/WikiFormatting

        for general info on formatting a Wiki page.

        Edit the save'd HOWTO page (off line using a text editor ... not NotePad please) to create your new HOWTO

        then visit the fldigi-Wiki-sandbox  https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/SandBox

        select the "Create this page" button and then copy and insert your new HOWTO page into the edit box.  You can review the page, submit it, and then rename it.  For the HOWTO the name should be

        Documentation/HOWTO/<new HOWTO page name>

        Then goto this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO

        select "Edit this page"  to add the link to your new HOWTO.  Adding the link should be obvious after you've studied the existing page.

        That's about it folks.

        73, Dave, W1HKJ

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
          On 08/01/2012 12:42 PM, w1hkj wrote:
          > Shout if you have any question about creating a new page. If you are
          > going to create a HOWTO for a distro:
          >
          > visit
          > https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Lubuntu_installation
          >

          > and save the page as text (bottom of page)
          >
          > Then visit and print https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/WikiFormatting
          >
          > for general info on formatting a Wiki page.
          >
          > Edit the save'd HOWTO page (off line using a text editor ... not NotePad
          > please) to create your new HOWTO
          >
          > then visit the fldigi-Wiki-sandbox
          > https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/SandBox
          >
          > select the "Create this page" button and then copy and insert your new
          > HOWTO page into the edit box. You can review the page, submit it, and
          > then rename it. For the HOWTO the name should be
          >
          > Documentation/HOWTO/<new HOWTO page name>
          >
          > Then goto this page
          > https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO
          >
          > select "Edit this page" to add the link to your new HOWTO. Adding the
          > link should be obvious after you've studied the existing page.
          >
          > That's about it folks.
          >
          > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

          Do we need a how-to page on the wiki for this ????