Fldigi-Wiki updated

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
      https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/WikiStart

      Has been updated with new HOWTO documentation:

      Installing Lubuntu / NBEMS software / fine tuning.

      Creating your own "Digipup".  The latest Puppy with all of the NBEMS suite installed.

      73, Dave, W1HKJ

    • Creede Lambard
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
        Hi Dave,

        What's the procedure to sign up to edit the wiki? I see a login link but not a registration link.

        Also, I don't see a link to the wiki on either your home page or the fldigi page on your site.

        73, Creede WA7KPK

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
          On 08/01/2012 10:43 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

          Hi Dave,

          What's the procedure to sign up to edit the wiki? I see a login link but not a registration link.
          register here https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

          The link to the registration page is on this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/, 2/3 of the way down the page under Wiki.

          Also, I don't see a link to the wiki on either your home page or the fldigi page on your site.
          Links on www.w1hkj.com site

          on download page http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

          on help page http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/index.html

          73, Dave
        • Creede Lambard
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
            On 08/01/2012 08:58 AM, w1hkj wrote:

            On 08/01/2012 10:43 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

            Hi Dave,

            What's the procedure to sign up to edit the wiki? I see a login link but not a registration link.
            register here https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

            The link to the registration page is on this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/, 2/3 of the way down the page under Wiki.

            That was easy, thanks. :-)

            73, Creede WA7KPK
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
              On 08/01/2012 11:03 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

              On 08/01/2012 08:58 AM, w1hkj wrote:

              On 08/01/2012 10:43 AM, Creede Lambard wrote:

              Hi Dave,

              What's the procedure to sign up to edit the wiki? I see a login link but not a registration link.
              register here https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

              The link to the registration page is on this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/, 2/3 of the way down the page under Wiki.

              That was easy, thanks. :-)
              Shout if you have any question about creating a new page.  If you are going to create a HOWTO for a distro:

              visit https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Lubuntu_installation

              and save the page as text (bottom of page)

              Then visit and print https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/WikiFormatting

              for general info on formatting a Wiki page.

              Edit the save'd HOWTO page (off line using a text editor ... not NotePad please) to create your new HOWTO

              then visit the fldigi-Wiki-sandbox  https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/SandBox

              select the "Create this page" button and then copy and insert your new HOWTO page into the edit box.  You can review the page, submit it, and then rename it.  For the HOWTO the name should be

              Documentation/HOWTO/<new HOWTO page name>

              Then goto this page https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO

              select "Edit this page"  to add the link to your new HOWTO.  Adding the link should be obvious after you've studied the existing page.

              That's about it folks.

              73, Dave, W1HKJ

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
                On 08/01/2012 12:42 PM, w1hkj wrote:
                > Shout if you have any question about creating a new page. If you are
                > going to create a HOWTO for a distro:
                >
                > visit
                > https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Lubuntu_installation
                >

                > and save the page as text (bottom of page)
                >
                > Then visit and print https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/WikiFormatting
                >
                > for general info on formatting a Wiki page.
                >
                > Edit the save'd HOWTO page (off line using a text editor ... not NotePad
                > please) to create your new HOWTO
                >
                > then visit the fldigi-Wiki-sandbox
                > https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/SandBox
                >
                > select the "Create this page" button and then copy and insert your new
                > HOWTO page into the edit box. You can review the page, submit it, and
                > then rename it. For the HOWTO the name should be
                >
                > Documentation/HOWTO/<new HOWTO page name>
                >
                > Then goto this page
                > https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO
                >
                > select "Edit this page" to add the link to your new HOWTO. Adding the
                > link should be obvious after you've studied the existing page.
                >
                > That's about it folks.
                >
                > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

                Do we need a how-to page on the wiki for this ????