Re: IC728 -- compilation under Fedora Core 5 or else an executable

  • jhaynesatalumni
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2006
      I don't know what fltk is, and I'm still on FC4, but usually for
      a package like fltk there is a fltk-devel package that has to be
      installed if you want to compile programs that use it.
    • Caitlyn M. Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2006
        I thought I had all my development libraries installed
        but it turns out in this one case I didn't. That was
        it.

        Thanks,
        Caity
        K7VO

        --- jhaynesatalumni <jhhaynes@...> wrote:

        > I don't know what fltk is, and I'm still on FC4, but
        > usually for
        > a package like fltk there is a fltk-devel package
        > that has to be
        > installed if you want to compile programs that use
        > it.

        > --------------------~-->
        > You can search right from your browser? It's easy
        > and it's free. See how.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

        Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
        http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
        Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
        ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2006
          Hello Caity,

          I have been reclused from the computer for a week or two as I care for
          the wife as she recovers from hip surgery. It sounds like you have
          resolved your problem, perhaps with a little help from Jim.

          The web site only has the source code for the Icom728 program. Your
          initial problem with the fltk libraries was probably due to not
          executing "make install" as root. You can execute "make" as a local
          user and run all of the test programs. But the libraries and header
          files need to be placed in the /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib,
          /usr/local/bin ... etc to be able to compile anything outside of the
          fltk-1.1.x directory.

          Let me know if that works with the IC-723 and whether you are on Linux
          (what distro) or Windows (which version).

          Thanks.

          Dave, W1HKJ
        • Caitlyn M. Martin
          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2006
            Hi, Jim,

            I hope your wife recovers quickly.

            My problem was not having fltk-devel installed. I was
            root.

            Yes, it works fine with the IC-723S. I suspect it
            will work with any of the IC-723/728/729 family. I
            don't do Windows at all as I do UNIX/Linux for a
            living. I am running Fedora Core 5 with all the
            latest and greatest updates/patches.

            73,
            Caity
            K7VO