Re: [linuxham] fldigi, further comments

  • Martin Ewing - AA6E
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
      Leigh,

      Yes, a QSY function would help. With my rig, I'd prefer to keep the VFO
      at 14.070 or whatever and use DSP for this, but QSY would be better when
      you have a fixed set of filters to work with.

      I suppose I would want to work like this:

      1. View the wide band (100 to 3,000 Hz)
      2. Find signal, click to decode it (still wide band)
      3. If interesting (or in QSO), click to center it in the narrow passband(s).
      4. When done, click to go back to wide band view.

      I don't know how folks work when their rig only permits voice-like
      bandpasses (>2 kHz) for USB receive. What if you have narrower filters
      for CW? (Switch to CW for receive? ;-) I suppose this whole scenario is
      for DSP rigs, and maybe not all of *them*...

      You might want to place the signal of interest right at the edge of your
      passband to help filter out nearby interference on one side of the
      signal. What are the semantics for that? ;-) (It's easier if your model
      is panning and zooming the DSP bandpass.)

      If we're considering things that would be nice -- you could also set the
      notch control from the fldigi waterfall... Actually, that is not too
      helpful for current Orion users as the notch is applied after the AGC loop.

      Hamlib may not be smart enough to do all this transparently -- bandpass
      selection is highly rig-dependent. QSY should work, of course.

      73, Martin AA6E