Re: fldigi-3.21.46 posted Question about eqsl

  • john Wiener
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
      Thanks… I checked the Event log… sorry guys, I wouldn't know how to identify if eQSL was sent to. I don't know how to decode the info.
      I do have to go in to eQSL In Box
      so guess it is not working.
    • john Wiener
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2012
        I found the problem and now it works… not only do you have to be sure you have the password correct…the QTH nickname wasn't the same once I changed the QTH nickname to match eQSL it is working.
        Thanks to all for the support.

        73
        John
        AB8O
      • David A. Ranch
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 12, 2012

          Hello Everyone,

          Back in 3.21.46, Fldigi added a macro to send QSO by QSO log updates into the eQSL system.  Very nice!

          I'm curious if there are plans to be able to do this for LOTW as well?  I realize that LOTW is a more complicated certificate-based  system than eQSL's username/password system but the CQRLog program seems to have this.
          Looking a little deeper, it seems like CQRLog does support log interaction with Fldigi but I haven't tested it.  When a new contact is logged in Fldigi, will CQRlog will automatically upload the contact into LOTW?

          --David
          KI6ZHD

          On 07/02/2012 11:04 AM, w1hkj wrote:
          On 07/02/2012 11:02 AM, john Wiener wrote:

          I see an automated eQSL function.  Can't tell if it's working.  If it logs the QSO in eQSL, would the QSO still show up on the In Box?  So far, all mine show up in the In Box and I then manually confirm and send to the Archive.
          Am I missing something?   I am on a Mac.

          John
          AB8O

          Open the fldigi Event log to see info regarding the eQSL logging.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              linuxham-digest@yahoogroups.com
              linuxham-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 12, 2012
            On 11/12/2012 03:56 PM, David A. Ranch wrote:

            > Hello Everyone,
            >
            > Back in 3.21.46, Fldigi added a macro to send QSO by QSO log updates
            > into the eQSL system. Very nice!
            >
            > I'm curious if there are plans to be able to do this for LOTW as well? I
            > realize that LOTW is a more complicated certificate-based system than
            > eQSL's username/password system but the CQRLog program seems to have this.
            > Looking a little deeper, it seems like CQRLog does support log
            > interaction with Fldigi but I haven't tested it. When a new contact is
            > logged in Fldigi, will CQRlog will automatically upload the contact into
            > LOTW?
            >
            > --David
            > KI6ZHD

            You need to read the CQRlog docs or post the question on their forum.
            However Petr is on this list and he may respond.

            However you may lso find many fldigi/CQRlog users here that can help.

            Ed W3NR
          • ThomasA
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 12, 2012
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "David A. Ranch" <linuxham-fld@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone,
              >
              > Back in 3.21.46, Fldigi added a macro to send QSO by QSO log updates
              > into the eQSL system. Very nice!
              >
              > I'm curious if there are plans to be able to do this for LOTW as well?
              > I realize that LOTW is a more complicated certificate-based system than
              > eQSL's username/password system but the CQRLog program seems to have this.
              > Looking a little deeper, it seems like CQRLog does support log
              > interaction with Fldigi but I haven't tested it. When a new contact is
              > logged in Fldigi, will CQRlog will automatically upload the contact into
              > LOTW?
              >
              > --David
              > KI6ZHD
              >
              > CQRlog has an Fldigi mode, so if you put CQRlog in Fldigi mode then as you log qso's in fldigi they will go into CQRlog automatically, as long as CQRlog is running. When I do this I let fldigi take rig control, I click on rig #2 in CQRlog,(there is no rig on #2) this takes rig control away from CQRlog, then I put CQRlog in fldigi mode and start fldigi, as I work them the automatically go into CQRlog. If you don't take rig control away from CQRlog they will fight for it..BTW CQRlog has the best LOTW support and EQSL support out there better than any other logging program. I have tried all the big ones and none compare... HTH Tom K8WDX
              >

              > On 07/02/2012 11:04 AM, w1hkj wrote:
              > > On 07/02/2012 11:02 AM, john Wiener wrote:
              > >> I see an automated eQSL function. Can't tell if it's working. If it logs the QSO in eQSL, would the QSO still show up on the In Box? So far, all mine show up in the In Box and I then manually confirm and send to the Archive.
              > >> Am I missing something? I am on a Mac.
              > >>
              > >> John
              > >> AB8O
              > > Open the fldigi Event log to see info regarding the eQSL logging.
              > >
              > > Dave

            • Petr Hlozek
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                Hello David,

                yes, CQRLOG supports log interaction with fldigi. After you switch CQRLOG to remote mode (CTRL+M) and save QSO in fidigi, it will be saved into cqrlog database as well. Also rig control works both fldigi and CQRLOG. If you let CQRLOG to run rigctld, you can connect to it also from fldigi and both will work.

                CQRLOG won't upload data to LoTW/eQSL after every QSO. You must do it clicking to icon on QSO list window.

                73 Petr, OK2CQR