MacPorts and Wine

  • W4ATK
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
      I have spent the better part of two days hoping to install wine and run JT65 on my mac. Has anyone been successful at this?

      Jim, W4ATK
    • Kevin Raper
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012

        On Jun 3, 2012, at 2:05 PM, W4ATK wrote:

        I have spent the better part of two days hoping to install wine and run JT65 on my mac. Has anyone been successful at this?

        Yes, I used Wine bottler to do this:

        It works perfectly under OSX 10.7.4 Lion.

        73,
        Kevin Raper
        KJ4HYD
        CE WCKI WQIZ WLTQ

        There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn

      • Dave Wright
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
          Jim,

          I use the paid version of Wine (Crossover) with no problems.  It also supports a few features that Wine doesn't at this time like selection of audio sources/outputs independent from the system settings.  That will all be made available downstream to Wine eventually, however.

          Let me know if you want to give it a shot.  It is easy to setup and has a 14-day trial, if I remember correctly.

          K3DCW
          www.k3dcw.net

          "Real radio bounces off the sky"