Re: [linuxham] Controlling the FT-817 from Linux machine

  • David A. Ranch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
      In addition to Flrig which is an excellent GUI tool (yes, it can do XML
      too), you can use Hamlib which has FT817 support:

      rigctl -l | grep 817
      --
      120 Yaesu FT-817 0.5.1 Beta
      --

      So with that, you can do stuff like change the VFO to 7,253.5Mhz USB via
      the command line. Fldigi natively supports Hamlib a well but Flrig

      Btw.. there is also Chirp which can manage the memories of your 817 (and
      many, MANY other radios) in one consistent fashion:

      http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

      --David