Controlling the FT-817 from Linux machine

  • RLN37
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
      Is there good Linux software available for controlling the FT-817?
      I'd like to use my netbook that runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Thanks !
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
        On 06/03/2012 09:26 AM, RLN37 wrote:
        > Is there good Linux software available for controlling the FT-817?
        > I'd like to use my netbook that runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Thanks !

        flrig::

        http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

        Ed W3NR
      • David A. Ranch
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012
          In addition to Flrig which is an excellent GUI tool (yes, it can do XML
          too), you can use Hamlib which has FT817 support:

          rigctl -l | grep 817
          --
          120 Yaesu FT-817 0.5.1 Beta
          --

          So with that, you can do stuff like change the VFO to 7,253.5Mhz USB via
          the command line. Fldigi natively supports Hamlib a well but Flrig

          Btw.. there is also Chirp which can manage the memories of your 817 (and
          many, MANY other radios) in one consistent fashion:

          http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

          --David