Install Flrig Under Linux Mint 13

  • Eraina & Richard Jenkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3 3:05 AM
      I've managed the installation of Fldigi ... but moving on to Flrig ...

      1. The linux binaries ... will they work with a Debian Linux ...??
      Are there other unmet dependencies?? I did download the binary and
      tried to extract it and then run the executable. No success there ...
      but not sure why?

      2. The sources were downloaded and extracted into a separate folder.
      Following the instructions in the readme ... I installed FLTK and the
      C++ Compiler. Now I managed top run './configure' successfully (no
      error messages. However, when I attempt to run 'make' it bleats about
      not finding a makefile!!

      Obviously, I'd like to run the binary if that is at all possible.
      However, I will complete the compile form source if someone can explain
      the significance of the no makefile message.

      many thanks

      73

      Richard
      VK1RJ

      Eraina & Richard Jenkins
      Canberra
      'richardirena' on skype ... if at home ...
    • Rick Kunath
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3 5:39 AM
        Comments inline...

        On Sunday, June 03, 2012 08:05:14 PM you wrote:
        > I've managed the installation of Fldigi ... but moving on to Flrig ...
        >
        > 1. The linux binaries ... will they work with a Debian Linux ...??
        > Are there other unmet dependencies?? I did download the binary and
        > tried to extract it and then run the executable. No success there ...
        > but not sure why?

        When run from a terminal, what are the error messages?

        > 2. The sources were downloaded and extracted into a separate folder.
        > Following the instructions in the readme ... I installed FLTK and the
        > C++ Compiler. Now I managed top run './configure' successfully (no
        > error messages. However, when I attempt to run 'make' it bleats about
        > not finding a makefile!!

        First off, you installed FLTK how, and which version? If a binary, did your
        distro use the correct compile-time switches when the package was built?

        FLTK should be version 1.3

        Tell me your exact series of commands that you used to try to compile the
        source.

        Generally when you get that no make file found, it is because none was created.
        This is usually because either there were errors or some dependency was unmet,
        i.e. either something needed or the devel package for something needed, isn't
        there.

        RIck Kunath, k9ao
      • MJ Inabnit
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3 9:08 AM
          On 06/03/2012 03:05 AM, Eraina & Richard Jenkins wrote:
          > I've managed the installation of Fldigi ... but moving on to Flrig ...
          >
          > 1. The linux binaries ... will they work with a Debian Linux ...??
          > Are there other unmet dependencies?? I did download the binary and
          > tried to extract it and then run the executable. No success there ...
          > but not sure why?

          If it didn't run, you probably just need to set the executable bit on it
          and it should run just fine. Easy way is use your file manager to
          right click on the binary, select properties, and it will make it easy
          to set the executable for it. Hope that helps.

          wishing you well
          Jaye, ke6sls--via the acer w/thunderchicken3