Re: [linuxham] Alsa Help

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 22 12:45 PM

      Just create a file called /etc/modprobe. d/alsa-options or similar (the
      name doesn't matter, modprobe looks at all the files regardless of name)
      and put

      # Set preferred order of the sound cards
      options snd-ens1371 index=0
      options snd-intel8x0 index=1

      Hamish:

      Thanks for that great tidbit on controlling the ordering of the sound cards.  I've tried it on my Ubuntu development system and it works exactly as you describe.    I have a mother board VIA sound system and a Sound Blaster Live PCI card on the system.  My entries were:

      snd-via82xx index=0
      snd-emu10k1 index=1

      I am going to include you hint in the fldigi on-line help.

      73, Dave, W1HKJ