Re: Ubuntu slowing. PS... (more)

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2012
      Hi Group.

      Been unexpectedly busy the last couple of days, so no time to fiddle in
      more detail with this, hopefully soon again.

      One thing I did do as a last ditch test, was to leave Fldigi running
      overnight, but using the FCD "sound input device" (in Pulse) though with
      no actual signals, just (low level) white noise as at present I can't
      control the FCD's tuner on the linux box, as on Mint, there are no known
      SDR programs in it's available software system, and other than (I think)
      having managed to install QT, I've not had the time to try and build one
      (or even just QTHID) from sources.

      Anyway... It was still working fine in the morning, with no sign of any
      slowdowns.

      Thinking some (dangerous.) When using the Soundblaster USB device,
      Pulse is set for it's default sampling rate of 44.1k, where as Fldigi
      seems to think the devices "Native" rate is 48k. I have no idea where
      it gets its informaion from, but from what others have said, I intend
      when I get to play again, poking arround in Pulse's configuration file(s)
      (when I find them) and see if changing it's default rate to 48k changes
      anything (for better or worse.)

      Cheers.

      Dave G0WBX.