Re: [linuxham] fldigi and ft-817nd

  • mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
      Hi Mike,
      I have an 817, and have used it with fldigi. I use the 857 now, but its
      basically the same.

      I use a Rigblaster, but I dont use it to interface the ptt. I hook the
      cat cable directly between the rig and computer, and just use the
      rigblaster for mic audio.

      the line out (or speaker out) of your sound card goes thru the
      rigblaster (you can build up a little thing with a 500 ohm pot in it so
      you can attenuate the sound card audio to the rig) and that goes to the
      mic input. It uses a "computer type" cat 5 connector for the mic. the
      speaker out I connect directly to the computer sound card line in. PTT
      and rig control are all handled thru the CAT cable.

      One thing to note, the wiring diagram for the mic connector in the 817
      manual is incorrect. there are websites out here that have the correct
      pinout if you wish to make the mic cable.

      Mike, kd0ar

      On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 10:21 -0400, KU4YP wrote:

      > Is anyone using fldigi with this rig? will also be usig the program
      > with a k2 as soon as I get off my lazy butt and get it finished. Would
      > like to hear about the connections needed, performance, etc.
      >

      > Best 73 mike ku4yp

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > 8/7/2007 4:06 PM

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > 8/7/2007 4:06 PM

    • KU4YP
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
        mike,

        which rig blaster? just wondering.

        > On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 10:21 -0400, KU4YP wrote:
        > >

        > > Is anyone using fldigi with this rig? will also be usig the program
        > > with a k2 as soon as I get off my lazy butt and get it finished.
        > Would
        > > like to hear about the connections needed, performance, etc.
        > >

        > > Best 73 mike ku4yp

        > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        > > 8/7/2007 4:06 PM

        -
        73 de KU4YP "QRP - Get more with less"
        Michael Prevatt Flying Piggie #225
        Fort Meade, Florida

        Dumped Windows in 2006 and not a day too soon.
        Registered Linux User #445039
      • mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
          I'm using the little nomic model.