Tip for fldigi users to update the lotw1.txt file

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012
      Many of us are spoiled with the FB updates to the cty.dat file maintained by Jim Reisert, AD1C. Jim does a great service to the amateur community with his updates and QST notices.

      In addition to the cty.dat file, fldigi uses the lotw1.txt file to lookup LoTW users when you mouse-hover over a call.  You should check the date on your lotw1.txt file. The date on my lotw1.txt file says 2:00 PM today because I just downloaded and updated the file.

      The file is maintained by Robert Chalmas, HB9BZA, and can be obtained from his web page at <http://www.hb9bza.net/lotw-users-list>. The web page says

      LoTW users list (50,493 calls in 339 current DXCC entities - updated on 02-MAR-2012

      The file you need for fldigi is on the lower left side that labeled

             Full list for RXCLUS
         Text (1 call/line, ro rem's)

      I use Mac OS X so I right click on the above and select the option to download the file.  The dialog box wants to save the file named phpmyvisites.php.txt.  Sometimes I just change the name to lotw1.txt as used by fldigi in the Save As box or just download it and change the file name to lotw1.txt before adding it to my .fldigi folder.

      An easier way to get the same file is to go the fldigi Help/Online documentation/Version 3.21 and click on DXCC List on the right side. This will present you with link to

      If I right-click on the link it downloads the correct file named lotw1.txt. Just add the downloaded file to your .fldigi file.

      You will need to restart fldigi so the new file is active.

      73 Dick AA5VU