Fldigi & Flrig Config help needed

  • WB9JPH
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 6:12 AM
      Good Morning Group:

      I am running a 2.4 GHz dual core iMac with 4GB of ram and ver 10.7.3 of OS X. I use a microHam USB DigiKeyer interface to a K3.

      I am presently using MLDX, uH Router, and cocoaModem.

      I just learned of fldigi and would like to give it a try.

      How do I configure the software to talk to the K3 via the digikeyer?

      I tried what is obvious to me without success.

      I also don't want to loose the ability to use my present software.

      73
      John
      WB9JPH
    • Dave Wright
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 6:34 AM
        For sound, it is simple…just choose the Audio Codec in Fldigi.

        For CAT, that's another matter.  If I recall correctly (I'm not in front of my computer with Fldigi right now), uH Router can be configured for PTT in Fldigi, but CAT does not work.  It has to do with the way the DigiKeyer works, and the fact that it requires uH Router for full functionality on OS X.  uH Router and Fldigi are not designed to talk to each other, and thus uH Router cannot pass the CAT commands to/from Fldigi.

        There is one fully-supported configuration for OS X/Fldigi/DigiKeyer that I know of, and that is the use of RUMLog (www.dl2rum.de) for logging.  The author has gone out of his way to fully support Fldigi; including passing rig control information to/from Fldigi and RUMlog using XML-RPC.  Using RUMlog, and the included RUMrouter, you can use the DigiKeyer with Fldigi by using RUMLog for rig control and logging.

        I use RUMlog and Fldigi on OS X along with a K3, but I got rid of my microKeyer II because it doesn't fully support OS X.  Instead, I am now using a US Interface Navigator.  Fully supports OS X because it doesn't play trick with the hardware like the high-end microHam interfaces do, and thus does not require any outside programs (like uH Router) to support it.  Not that all microHam interfaces don't support OS X fully; the USB Interface III is fully supported in OS X once the driver is fully installed…just like the Navigator.

        K3DCW
        www.k3dcw.net

        "Real radio bounces off the sky"