Re: [linuxham] Re: fldgi 1,342 configure

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
      Jerry W wrote:
      > After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
      > errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
      > display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.
      >
      > Jerry K0HZI
      >

      > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Ed <autek@...> wrote:
      >> Jerry, we need a little more info to be able to help. Exactly what
      > is it
      >> that you are trying to do and the distro also.
      >>
      >> Ed W3NR

      Jerry, from the help files::

      # Compile the fldigi source code:

      * Untar the fldigi.src.tgz file to a convenient location on your
      hard drive. I like to keep all of my development code in a single tree
      such as ~/development/fldigi for example.
      * execute "make". This will create a new directory named Install
      and Objects. The object files will be in Objects and the executable
      file will be in Install.

      You also need to copy and paste the errors to the list, otherwise we are
      just guessing.

      Why not just install the binary and be done with it. A lot less
      aggravating and Dave has gone to great lengths to make it as easy as
      possible to install fldigi via the binary. Its a lot more fun playing
      radio than it is playing Linux.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
        Jerry W wrote:

        After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
        errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
        display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.

        This is a snippet from the makefile

        CTARG = hamlib
        ifneq (,$(findstring hamlib-debug, $(CFG)))
                override CTARG = hamlib-debug
        endif
        ifneq (,$(findstring hamlib-local, $(CFG)))
                override CTARG = hamlib-local
        endif
        ifneq (,$(findstring nhl, $(CFG)))
                override CTARG = nhl
        endif
        ifneq (,$(findstring nhl-debug, $(CFG)))
                override CTARG = nhl-debug
        endif
        ifneq (,$(findstring nhl-local, $(CFG)))
                override CTARG = nhl-local
        endif

        notice that CFG=Release is not a part of the makefile

        The CFG= options are:

        hamlib
        hamlib-debug
        hamlib-local
        nhl
        nhl-debug
        nhl-local

        To compile with hamlib links simply do a "make" with no arguments.

        If you do not need hamlib then

        make CFG=nhl

        73, Dave, W1HKJ