Re: fldgi 1,342 configure

  • Jerry W
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
      After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
      errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
      display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.

      Jerry K0HZI

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
        Jerry W wrote:
        > After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
        > errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
        > display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.
        >
        > Jerry K0HZI
        >

        > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Ed <autek@...> wrote:
        >> Jerry, we need a little more info to be able to help. Exactly what
        > is it
        >> that you are trying to do and the distro also.
        >>
        >> Ed W3NR

        Jerry, from the help files::

        # Compile the fldigi source code:

        * Untar the fldigi.src.tgz file to a convenient location on your
        hard drive. I like to keep all of my development code in a single tree
        such as ~/development/fldigi for example.
        * execute "make". This will create a new directory named Install
        and Objects. The object files will be in Objects and the executable
        file will be in Install.

        You also need to copy and paste the errors to the list, otherwise we are
        just guessing.

        Why not just install the binary and be done with it. A lot less
        aggravating and Dave has gone to great lengths to make it as easy as
        possible to install fldigi via the binary. Its a lot more fun playing
        radio than it is playing Linux.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
          Jerry W wrote:

          After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
          errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
          display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.

          This is a snippet from the makefile

          CTARG = hamlib
          ifneq (,$(findstring hamlib-debug, $(CFG)))
                  override CTARG = hamlib-debug
          endif
          ifneq (,$(findstring hamlib-local, $(CFG)))
                  override CTARG = hamlib-local
          endif
          ifneq (,$(findstring nhl, $(CFG)))
                  override CTARG = nhl
          endif
          ifneq (,$(findstring nhl-debug, $(CFG)))
                  override CTARG = nhl-debug
          endif
          ifneq (,$(findstring nhl-local, $(CFG)))
                  override CTARG = nhl-local
          endif

          notice that CFG=Release is not a part of the makefile

          The CFG= options are:

          hamlib
          hamlib-debug
          hamlib-local
          nhl
          nhl-debug
          nhl-local

          To compile with hamlib links simply do a "make" with no arguments.

          If you do not need hamlib then

          make CFG=nhl

          73, Dave, W1HKJ