fldgi 1,342 configure

  • Jerry W
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      what comand for configure of fldgi-1.342?

      Jerry K0HZI
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
        Jerry W wrote:
        > what comand for configure of fldgi-1.342?
        >
        > Jerry K0HZI

        Jerry, we need a little more info to be able to help. Exactly what is it
        that you are trying to do and the distro also.

        Ed W3NR
      • Jerry W
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
          After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
          errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
          display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
            Jerry W wrote:
            > After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
            > errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
            > display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.
            >
            > Jerry K0HZI
            >

            > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Ed <autek@...> wrote:
            >> Jerry, we need a little more info to be able to help. Exactly what
            > is it
            >> that you are trying to do and the distro also.
            >>
            >> Ed W3NR

            Jerry, from the help files::

            # Compile the fldigi source code:

            * Untar the fldigi.src.tgz file to a convenient location on your
            hard drive. I like to keep all of my development code in a single tree
            such as ~/development/fldigi for example.
            * execute "make". This will create a new directory named Install
            and Objects. The object files will be in Objects and the executable
            file will be in Install.

            You also need to copy and paste the errors to the list, otherwise we are
            just guessing.

            Why not just install the binary and be done with it. A lot less
            aggravating and Dave has gone to great lengths to make it as easy as
            possible to install fldigi via the binary. Its a lot more fun playing
            radio than it is playing Linux.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
              Jerry W wrote:

              After install of hamlib and Fltk Compiled and installed with no
              errors, using make CFG=Release for fldgi a whole lot of errors
              display, I didn't copy the error messages, but won't install.

              This is a snippet from the makefile

              CTARG = hamlib
              ifneq (,$(findstring hamlib-debug, $(CFG)))
                      override CTARG = hamlib-debug
              endif
              ifneq (,$(findstring hamlib-local, $(CFG)))
                      override CTARG = hamlib-local
              endif
              ifneq (,$(findstring nhl, $(CFG)))
                      override CTARG = nhl
              endif
              ifneq (,$(findstring nhl-debug, $(CFG)))
                      override CTARG = nhl-debug
              endif
              ifneq (,$(findstring nhl-local, $(CFG)))
                      override CTARG = nhl-local
              endif

              notice that CFG=Release is not a part of the makefile

              The CFG= options are:

              hamlib
              hamlib-debug
              hamlib-local
              nhl
              nhl-debug
              nhl-local

              To compile with hamlib links simply do a "make" with no arguments.

              If you do not need hamlib then

              make CFG=nhl

              73, Dave, W1HKJ