LoTW Users Update for the New Year

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012
      I just happened to check the HB0BZA LoTW users list at <http://www.hb9bza.net/lotw-users-list> and noticed the list was updated on 01-Jan-2012.

      If you want to update your fldigi setup, click on the Full List Text (1 call/line, no rem's) and your browser will display the full list. Right click on the full display and it will give you a Save As option where you can save the lotw1.txt file to your .fldigi folder.

      Having an up-to-date lotw1.txt file in your .fldigi folder is needed to support one of the cool fldigi operating aids. If you mouse hover over a call sign, fldigi pops up a tooltip with all kinds of good information based on your log, the QTH from the current city.dat file and at the end it will tell you if the call is a LoTW user based on the lotw1.txt file. The hover tooltip is just one of many cool operating aids W1HKJ has provided for us to use.

      See <http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.20/DXCC_list.html> for more information.

      Happy New Year

      73 Dick AA5VU
    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012
        On Jan 2, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Dick Kriss wrote:

        > FYI…. just posted this to the fldigi reflector
        >
        > I just happened to check the HB0BZA LoTW users list at <http://www.hb9bza.net/lotw-users-list> and noticed the list was updated on 01-Jan-2012.
        >
        > If you want to update your fldigi setup, click on the Full List Text (1 call/line, no rem's) and your browser will display the full list. Right click on the full display and it will give you a Save As option where you can save the lotw1.txt file to your .fldigi folder.
        >
        > Having an up-to-date lotw1.txt file in your .fldigi folder is needed to support one of the cool fldigi operating aids. If you mouse hover over a call sign, fldigi pops up a tooltip with all kinds of good information based on your log, the QTH from the current cty.dat file and at the end it will tell you if the call is a LoTW user based on the lotw1.txt file. The hover tooltip is just one of many cool operating aids W1HKJ has provided for us to use.
        >
        > See <http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.20/DXCC_list.html> for more information.
        >
        > Happy New Year
        >
        > 73 Dick AA5VU

        I should have checked the W1HKJ Help page (listed above) before sending as it contains a direct link to the lotw1.txt listing.

        http://www.hb9bza.net/lotw/lotw1.txt

        Dick