Re: [linuxham] FT-920 mode data incompatible with Rig XML

  • Nate Bargmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2007
      * w1hkj <w1hkj@...> [2007 Feb 23 14:17 -0600]:
      > Nate Bargmann wrote:
      > > Hi All.
      > >
      > > I decided to dive into the Rig XML, just to see how it's done. Since I
      > > use an FT-920, I figured the FT-990 file would be rather close, and it
      > > is.
      > >
      > > I am working in the reply section dealing with mode, but, of course,
      > > Yaesu couldn't use a matching set of commands for set and get mode.
      > > Here is the FT-920 received byte value:
      > >
      > > Mode Data Octet 8:
      > >
      > > MSB LSB
      > > 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
      > > | | | | |
      > > | +-------------------------> Side Band: 0=Lower, 1=Upper
      > > +-----------------------------> Band Width: 0=Wide, 1=Narrow
      > >

      > > As you can see, figuring out USB from LSB is not a simple matter as it
      > > is with the FT-990 as the command byte, does not match the received
      > > byte.
      > >
      > > Given that the FT-920 has this difference between set mode and get mode
      > > byte values, can the mode section be extended as the bandwidth section
      > > is, allowing for differing set and get byte values? I don't know what
      > > other models may have a similar issue.
      > >
      > > 73, de Nate >>
      > >

      > I will look at the xml parsing code Nate.

      Has any progress been made on this, Dave? I was browsing the docs last
      week and didn't notice any changes. I'd like to be able to test the
      RigCAT on the FT-920.

      73, de Nate >>

      --
      Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB | Successfully Microsoft
      Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @ | free since January 1998.