Re: [linuxham] Portaudio problem

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2007
      David wrote:

      Hi All...I have just found (by accident ) the answer to a problem i was
      having with fldigi and portaudio... ...when in the soundcard menu and in
      the Portaudio box i put /dev/dsp as i had seen in an e-mail.....today
      when i had a problem with fldigi trying to find the correct soundcard i
      went to the soundcard menu and checked the Portaudio selection arrow and
      found listed both the soundcards in the comp.....clicked on the one that
      i was using for fldigi and "bingo" it works perfectly... .saved the
      config of course...... /dev/dsp is used by OSS.....Portaudio seems to
      require the list (name)of the soundcard... ...why i hadnt done this
      before i dont know.....dont think ive seen this in any
      instructions. ....or maybe i speed read and missed it hi hi....

      David VK4BDJ

      I should have added that its in the ALSA tab under the Port audio arrow

      David VK4BDJ