Re: [linuxham] Partial success

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 5, 2007
      If I look in the /dev directory, I can not begin to understand what I
      would need to look at to determine the ports that are in use. Even using
      the KDE Info Center was of minimal help as it does not specify what is
      active. It does find the specific name of the USB manufacturers product.

      I am not clear on whether or not I need to have the exact correct COM
      port specified on the left side if I am using hamlib. I have the hamlib
      checked on the right side and the highlighted red activation on the left

      In other words, if I have the DTR +12 v checked, is the program going to
      provide the required voltage or does it need to know the COM port

      I discovered on the hamlib web site that you can go into terminal mode
      and run the rigctl commands. I tried this out and using the /dev/ttyUSB0
      was able to get it to work instantly. Similarly, when I use the GUI
      Hamlib commands, it responds quickly from the Hamlib side, but it is
      sluggish from the rig side back to Hamlib.

      The fldigi program then, does not respond well to frequency changes in
      the rig, taking a long time or sometimes never updating the frequency.
      Also, it can trigger PTT after a fairly long wait, but seems unable to
      unkey the PTT once it is activated.

      I am getting a consistent error on the bottom of the fldigi program
      indicating "Hamlib loop Get Mode: Hamlib getMode error" so something is
      not quite right yet.

      After getting the Audacity package installed I was finally able to track
      down the executable and run the program and it works OK picking up the
      Line Input. As mentioned earlier, I am not getting any audio to display
      on the fldigi program, so I must be missing something.

      Rick, KV9U