How to use fldigi with an eee pc 1001pxd?

  • garywb2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      The above-noted pc only has one connector to cover both audio tx and rx. Is it simple enough just to use a Y cable and let the software sort out the audio paths?

      73,
      Gary
      VE6UQ
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
        > The above-noted pc only has one connector to cover both audio tx and rx. Is it simple enough just to use a Y cable and let the software sort out the audio paths?
        >
        > 73,
        > Gary
        > VE6UQ

        I recommend using one of those USB ports and a USB codec. I would not
        recommend a y connector that feeds the xcvr audio out back into the mic
        or auxiliary input.

        Dave
      • Norm Goodkin
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
          Dave -  Why an external sound card/codec? Is it a bad idea to use the X101's sound card as a modem? I am trying to put together a 'radio in a box' for $500, and $250 went for the X101. Something like a SignaLink would be another $100; is the SignaLink the best way to go? 73, Norm K6YXH

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
            On 10/06/2011 05:56 PM, Norm Goodkin wrote:
            > Dave - Why an external sound card/codec? Is it a bad idea to use the X101's
            > sound card as a modem? I am trying to put together a 'radio in a box' for
            > $500, and $250 went for the X101. Something like a SignaLink would be
            > another $100; is the SignaLink the best way to go? 73, Norm K6YXH
            >
            > On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM, w1hkj<w1hkj@...> wrote:

            These work perfectly with fldigi, you can't go wrong for 49 cents

            Ed W3NR

            > http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=usb+sound+card&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
          • Richard Dowty
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
              Hi Gary:
              This is W7EET. I use two tigertronics USB signalink codex boxes. One for each of the radios that I use and also use a USB switch box to change between the radios with one computer. The tigertronics is a great little box that works very well with FLdigi and it is in a stereo mode when used. You also get with the tigertronics one free cable per box you order for free with the purchase for your radio type. All you have to do is plug it in and set it up with FLdigi software and you are done. That simple.
              Rich/W7EET

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
                Guys, thanks for all the feedback - I will investigate further