Re: Digimaster PRO, Fldigi and Yaesu FT-897

  • David J. Ring, Jr.
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
      Good news and bad news - bad news first.

      I decided to try Windows again. I saw that in addition to Ham Radio Deluxe I also had fldigi for Windows.

      So I tried it. No work!

      Just probably settings, I thought.

      So I try HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) - also no work - but it used to work.

      Reboot, Windows.

      HRD starts working.
      Fldigi works.

      Reboot into Ubuntu Linux.

      NOW Fldigi and I mean Flrig both work!

      I have no idea why except for my standard explaination of the impossible: When it reset, something forced it extra hard to completely reset as it was not completely latching before.

      Thanks gentlemen for the help.

      One great little program for CLI console is tlf. As probably all of you know command line programs in the CONSOLE (press Alt plus Control plus F1) and you reveal the console.

      For those who have blind friends you might tell them about www.vinuxproject.org We are trying to make a highly accessible Desktop for Vinux with speaking console and ORCA in X Windows Graphic User Interface.

      73

      David N1EA
      =30=

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
        On 10/04/2011 06:32 PM, David J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
        > Good news and bad news - bad news first.
        >
        > I decided to try Windows again. I saw that in addition to Ham Radio
        > Deluxe I also had fldigi for Windows.
        >
        > So I tried it. No work!
        >
        > Just probably settings, I thought.
        >
        > So I try HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) - also no work - but it used to
        > work.
        >
        > Reboot, Windows.
        >
        > HRD starts working. Fldigi works.
        >
        > Reboot into Ubuntu Linux.